In the context of TikTok, a “hook” refers to a catchy and memorable phrase or element that is used to draw people in and make them want to watch a video. Hooks can be a few seconds long and are often used at the beginning of a video to grab the viewer’s attention. They can be musical phrases, spoken phrases, or visual elements that are designed to be memorable and stand out.
Some examples of TikTok hooks include:
- A catchy song or piece of music that is used as the background music for a video.
- A spoken phrase that is repeated throughout the video, such as a catchphrase or joke.
- A visual element, such as a special effect or prop, that is used to draw the viewer’s attention.
TikTok hooks are an important part of the platform, as they help creators stand out and get their videos noticed. They can also be used to create a sense of community and belonging among TikTok users, as people may adopt and use the same hooks in their own videos.
Examples of TikTok hooks that have been popular
It’s difficult to say which TikTok hooks are the most popular, as trends and popular content on the platform can change very quickly. However, here are a few examples of TikTok hooks that have been popular in the past:
- “Lottery (Renegade)” by K Camp: This song became popular as a TikTok hook in the fall of 2020, and was used in a variety of videos, including dance videos, lip sync videos, and comedy sketches.
- “Lalala” by Y2K and bbno$: This song became popular on TikTok in the summer of 2020, and was used in a wide range of videos, including dance videos, comedy sketches, and lip sync videos.
- “Death Bed (Coffee for Your Head)” by Powfu and Beabadoobee: This song became popular on TikTok in the spring of 2020, and was used in a variety of videos, including lip sync videos, dance videos, and comedy sketches.
- “Say So” by Doja Cat: This song became popular on TikTok in the fall of 2019, and was used in a variety of videos, including dance videos, lip sync videos, and comedy sketches.
How to discover good TikTok hooks
There are a few ways you can discover good TikTok hooks:
- Browse popular TikTok content: One way to find good hooks is to browse popular TikTok content and see which hooks are being used in popular videos. You can do this by searching for specific keywords or hashtags, or by looking at the “For You” page, which shows popular TikTok content.
- Follow TikTok creators: Another way to discover good hooks is to follow TikTok creators who use catchy and memorable hooks in their videos. This can give you an idea of what types of hooks are popular and effective at grabbing people’s attention.
- Stay up to date on trending songs and sounds: TikTok has a feature called “Sounds” that allows users to browse and use popular songs and sounds in their videos. You can use this feature to stay up to date on what songs and sounds are currently trending and popular on the platform.
- Experiment with different hooks: Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different hooks in your own TikTok videos. This can help you find what works best for you and your content.
6 Most popular TikTok hooks
1. “Lottery (Renegade)” by K Camp
2. “Lalala” by Y2K and bbno$
3. “Death Bed (Coffee for Your Head)” by Powfu and Beabadoobee
4. “Say So” by Doja Cat
5. “Mood” by 24kGoldn
6. “Levitating” by Dua Lipa
Again, it’s important to note that the popularity of TikTok hooks can change very quickly, and what is popular at one moment may not be popular the next.